Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What to do with deer fabric....

I finally have some quilt blocks finished to show.  I wasn't sure what to do with the deer fabric.  Correction.  I have deer fabric in my stash.  I have made a couple of quilts for nephews using it.  They like the outdoors and let me tell you this fabric would have been perfect for those quilts.  My challenge was putting it together with the other fabrics I received.  So I made baby owl blocks.  I did a rough applique around the outside of the owl.  I like them.  I'm just not sure about my big picture quilt yet.  I am so wishy washy and sometimes I do not like my quilts until awhile after they are finished.  So here is a sample of my first blocks.  Have a nice evening!  Stacy

The before pictures:


The finished block:

I like how the animals are peeking around the owls.  Sorry about the picture.  The almost terrible two person at our house has done something with the camera..... 

2 comments:

AnnieQuilts said...

I love it!

This is just a first impression, but it remimds me of a cartoon character about to give us words of wisdom about the environment. Yes, I'm a little wacky :)

Bev

Mandy Weaver said...

I love it! Owls are my favorite. Can't wait to see more.