Thursday, May 10, 2012

The mailman came today with lots of color in a parcel

Today, was a fun day with the mail delivery by my mailman, Andy. My swap fabrics arrived from BJ in Arizona. I have to admit, when these came I was thinking...What am I going to do with these? BJ said she felt bad as she liked the fabrics I sent to her...did you catch that....she liked them......I was so ashamed of what I was sending to her, I did not take a photo. I always say...beauty is in the eye of the beholder! At least I hope BJ may have liked at least one of the fabrics and was not too upset!!

I had one lady who wanted to do this challenge twice, and because of the number of participants, I decided to be her partner as well. So I will be doing two challenges this go around. My fabrics have not arrived from my other partner yet, but they are traveling a long way.....she got a piece in her package like BJ did...can't not wait to see what they do with their "Uglies"

Now, don't despair too much over this stack of fabrics...notice the bottom left is orange and pink....FISH.....I know exactly what I am going to do with these, and I can hardly wait to start. Seriously...I am super excited. Tomorrow, I am going to cut these up and search my stash for some added color and neutrals and get ready to sew something wonderful!

My husband asked me tonight just how many more projects do I think I need to start......I said...well at least two more!!!! One with these fabrics and one with the fabrics that are now flying over large bodies of water to get Texas. Optimistic?? Well...maybe...but I am really looking forward to it!!

6 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I love the fabrics you got. My mind immediately went to ideas.

Diane-crewe said...

I seem to like everyone elses bags! You have ideas? ALREADY!! Waiting to see what you do xx

Julianne said...

Wow! those are colorful..cant wait to see what we all do with these fabrics...so fun!

Marianne said...

They are neat! I love that fish print also.

Bj said...

Please no offense intended but I can't stand these fabrics, the last two, the tan with flowers and the blue, I can kind of live with but the others, when I found them, I seriously thought to myself, what were you thinking??? I really do LIKE the fabrics you sent to me, I can live with Blues and Greens, Orange, get out of town ;) Glad you like them though, it takes away some.... of the guilt :)

Cherie said...

Wow you got a real selection there! =D