Friday, June 1, 2012

A Summer Picnic Tablecloth!


I finished a few projects this week, and decided to tackle my "uglies" from Pam.  I'm very happy with the results:




I made nine BIG Jacob's Ladder blocks; they really let me show off both the focus fabric and the contrasting half-square triangles.  I used three of my four "uglies" on the front, as well as some dress prints from my 1930's stash and several fat quarters from Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy.  The four-patch units were my focal fabric; I just loved the little pattern in it:





The back is pieced (again....what's happening to me?) and I used up all but 3 four-patch units and one strip of 8 x 12 fabric from ALL of my uglies.



Guy is putting it on the quilter this weekend; it's big enough to be a table-topper in the dining room, or a tablecloth on the veranda table.  I've named it "Picnic at Grandma's House"......this was really fun to work on.

Thanks again, Pam.  Hope you are playing with your gift of "uglies," too.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Kathy

8 comments:

Marianne said...

Well now, aren't you the overachiever! A completed top already! It looks great. I love the Jacob's Ladder block.

Anonymous said...

I like it. In fact I also had Jacob´s Ladder in my mind, but skipped that idea. Maybe I shouldn´t have done that.
Gun, Sweden

Pam Mamon said...

I LOVE IT!

Julianne said...

Oh its darling! I really like it! Not ugly at all!

Diane-crewe said...

you are so quick!! Im still looking at mine!!

Stacy said...

Wow, love it!!!!

BettyK said...

Such a lovely quilt. Great job!!

Heather said...

Wow, this looks terrific.