Saturday, June 16, 2012

For better or worse it's DONE!

So I am done.  I like it.  My children love it!  I guess that that is what counts when I am sewing something.  I really struggled deciding what to do with all of the different tones and types of fabrics sent to me for my challenge.  I am pretty boring when it comes to my quilts, I guess.  Red, green, brown and tan are my go to colors.  So this was a fun challenge for me.  I found this quilt http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2012/04/hands2help-time-to-check-in.html on Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  I love the blog and I love the service that is given here. I loved this quilt and I decided to try my own.

 I made little owls with a rough applique on the deer fabric.  There was no returning after this.I made heart blocks, apple blocks, circle blocks, square blocks, you name it or just look at the quilt.  My favorite is my childrens' hand prints at the bottom.  They keep matching their hand prints up on the quilt.  That gives me another idea........  The most difficult was the fish blocks.  I drew the pattern and then sewed it together.  Eventually, I was happy with the results.

So here it is.  I get a sewing vacation.  The machine is in the shop for it's annual clean, so I am glad to have a break and to look at the quilt later..........



7 comments:

Mez said...

That is simply fantastic! What a great way to use all the different fabrics. The hand prints are my favourite part too, making it a quilt to cherish as your children get older.

Coloradolady said...

What a sweet, sweet quilt....and no ugly fabrics anywhere!! I love those owls and what a great way to hide that fabric too!! This turned out so cute!! Congrats on a fantastic finish!

Unknown said...

It looks great! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I´m impressed! The quilt is beatiful and a funny idea to use the uglies!!!!!!
Gun,Sweden

Heather said...

How cute. Great use of those fabrics.

Diane-crewe said...

this is wonderful.. well done xx

Diane-crewe said...

forgot to say... love the toes sticking out at the bottom xx