My ugly fabrics were received quite timely and not quite ugly in my opinion. Perhaps they aren't the prettiest but surely not the ugliest and they even somewhat coordinate, so thank you to my swap partner Cathy in IL.
Then I shopped my stash for additional fabrics and added these to the mix
I had my pattern picked put long before the swap even started. I am still new to quilting but wanted a challenge so I selected a lonestar pattern. My thinking was "if I screw this up at least I didn't waste good fabric" In the end, I wasted some good fabric but only because the pattern was printed with some incorrect measurments. This quilt tested my patience, my perfect/not so perfect 1/4inch seam and I really learned ALOT about color value/tone and placement of stripes! I wouldn't change any of my choices. (although I did have to pull more fabric from my stash after the cutting errors) So my flimsy is done, but the photography is not. I have started the quilting on my DSM, this is only the 3rd quilt I have machine quilted so that will be uglier then the "Ugly fabrics" and another learning experience and challenge.
So far I have had a blast in this challenge.