Monday, October 1, 2012

From Super ugly, to something that grew on me!! #4

I got it done!! I am sewing on a black binding on this right now. I had received these ugly fabrics. I used the white with black and red stripe on the back. I used the skulls and crossbones in the center of the log cabin blocks and the greens had some orange/burnt orange in them so I used orange from my stash to contrast/compliment the  green ollection including the bugs which were used in the blocks too! I didn't have to buy anything to make this quilt. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the results! I finished sewing it last week, had company over the weekend to celebrate my birthday which is ironically today!!! I tied the quilt as it will be a baby quilt for someone who has a boy and again the binding is black. Not bad, hu?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

After seeing that skull fabric I was wondering what you would come up with. Well done. I think it is a great quilt!

loan for business said...

I love them! The colors are rich!